Monday, September 16, 2013

Back To Work :(
















      

        This blog post is something I’m sure many, many millions of moms have either written about, called their best friend to cry about, talk to their mom for advice about how they handled it, spent countless sleepless nights worrying about, and/or have had tear filled heart to hearts with their spouse over…heartbroken about having to return to work after having a baby. I can’t believe this day is almost here and I can’t believe the anxiety it is giving me. I knew it was going to be a tough transition and I would dislike having to go back but I never understood until  last week, when it fully started to sink in, just how much it would SUCK. I have enjoyed every single one of the 83 days with you sweet girl. You are so much fun to be around, your smiles, funny faces, snuggles, and even your tears have brought me more joy than I could have hoped for. I feel split between feeling like we got so much good quality time together and it feeling like we really took advantage of every day, and the other side of me that feels like, now that it’s time to go back…where did the time go? I know you will be in good care and it’s good for you to get out and play with other fun kids, and feel comfortable being away from me and me to feel the same about being away from you.  I just wish that reassurance would make the physical pain I feel in my heart and knots in my stomach go away. You are a true gift from God that we feel blessed beyond belief to have been given. I know we will get through this together as a family and hope in a few months from now it will just be our normal routine, I’m just praying these next few days and weeks don’t suck as much as I think they are going to. My hope is that you will LOVE spending time with both your new daycare friends and your Grandma Chevalier a few days a week and that when I come to pick you up every day we are both overcome with joy to see each other and we have more fun than ever telling each other about our days. I love you more than anything sweet girl…xxooxxooxxoo (times a million and one).

1 comment:

  1. I so agree :( I only got two months off with Norah, I go back to work Thursday. I don't think any amount of time would be enough. I've literally scheduled time this last week to just stare in to her little eyes, and that's it. Sadness from the same boat as you and all the other working mommas...

    ReplyDelete